WHAT IS FORMWORK? ROLE AND EFFECT OF FORMWORK
In construction, formwork and scaffolding are two very commonly used tools. So what is formwork and how are these two concepts different? Let’s explore below.
What is formwork?
Formwork is a concrete mold that helps shape concrete from liquid to solid and creates a solid bond for projects. The process of making formwork includes building a mold, installing reinforcement and pouring concrete into the mold to create the structure.
Formwork plays an important role in creating strength and durability for construction projects. It is an indispensable part of the construction process and ensures that the structure can withstand various factors and pressures over a long period of time.
When using formwork, workers need to ensure that the appropriate ratio of components in the material is achieved to create high quality concrete. Once mixed, the formwork is then used to transport concrete to the site of use via a pumping system or by dragging the formwork on the ground.
Distinguish between formwork and scaffolding
Formwork and scaffolding are two important concepts in the construction industry, playing an important role in the construction of civil and industrial projects. Despite their similarities, formwork and scaffolding differ in their intended use and structure.
Formwork creates a structure using cement and steel during construction. Mold formwork is assembled with parts to form a solid block to help fix the concrete. Pour liquid concrete into the mold with the steel structure inside and wait until the structure solidifies. Formwork is constructed using steel or wooden molds and then concrete is poured into the molds to create the desired shapes.
Meanwhile, scaffolding is a system of parts arranged into frames and modules to support the construction and repair of works. Scaffolding is used to create a solid foundation for working and transporting construction materials.
Formwork and scaffolding are both indispensable elements in the construction industry. Formwork creates a sturdy structure using cement and steel, while scaffolding helps support and facilitate the construction process. Understanding the roles and uses of both will help build projects with good quality and safety.
Effects of formwork and scaffolding on construction projects
1. Effects of formwork
- Steel formwork is an important component in modern construction projects. It is used to create strong and durable concrete structures. Below are some important effects of steel formwork for construction projects:
- Steel formwork helps strengthen concrete structures by providing stiffness and flexibility to the structure.
- Formwork helps improve the durability and rigidity of the structure, especially in cases of heavy load or complex architectural requirements.
- Formwork helps resist the effects of external factors such as earthquakes, strong winds or temperature changes.
- Using formwork helps reduce material costs, shortens construction time and saves labor.
- Steel formwork plays an important role in reinforcing and providing sustainability for construction projects. With diverse effects such as increasing crack resistance, increasing durability, improving stability, reducing costs and expanding design scope, steel formwork has become an indispensable component in today’s construction industry. .
2. Effects of scaffolding
Scaffolding is one of the important tools in the construction industry, bringing many significant benefits to construction projects. Here are some effects of scaffolding:
- Scaffolding helps protect workers and engineers during construction. It provides a stable and safe platform for working at height, avoiding the risk of falling from height and ensuring the safety of the entire structure.
- Scaffolding can be used to support and hold columns, beams, and other parts of a structure in place and temporarily.
- Scaffolding can be easily disassembled and moved from one location to another.
- The use of scaffolding allows engineers and contractors to inspect the work being carried out in more detail and accuracy.
- Facilitates repair and maintenance.
- Scaffolding is an important part of the construction process, providing many benefits in terms of safety, performance, quality control and the ability to perform maintenance tasks. Using scaffolding properly and standardly not only ensures construction progress but also creates a safe and effective working environment.
The unit provides safe, high quality scaffolding
SAKON is a supplier of safe and high quality scaffolding, with many years of experience in the construction industry. With commitment to quality and reputation, SAKON has become one of the trusted partners of many large construction projects.
One of SAKON’s strengths is the modern and reliable scaffolding system that the company provides. SAKON’s scaffoldings are made from high quality materials, ensuring safety and durability during use.
Besides, the company also always ensures compliance with safety standards in the installation and operation of scaffolding.
SAKON has professional and dedicated customer care service. The company’s staff is always ready to advise and support customers during the process of using scaffolding. At the same time, SAKON also responds quickly and flexibly to all requests and changes from customers.
With the information provided by SAKON above, you certainly have a better understanding of what formwork is and its difference from scaffolding. If you need further advice on scaffolding or scaffolding installation, please contact SAKON immediately.
SAKON SCAFFOLDING JOINT STOCK COMPANY
Address: 177 Quan Nhan – Nhan Chinh – Thanh Xuan – Hanoi
Phone: 024.35690.789 – Hotline: 0913.377.411
Choose SAKON to install scaffolding and bring safety to your project!