WHAT IS BAMBOO SCAFFOLDING? WHY IS IT LITTLE USED NOW?
Bamboo scaffolding is used in construction from residential to high-rise buildings. This type of scaffolding is commonly used because of its sturdiness and safety for users. To understand more about this type of scaffolding, please refer to the content below.
What is bamboo scaffolding?
Bamboo scaffolding is a structural system used in the construction industry to support construction and protect worker safety during construction. As the name suggests, bamboo scaffolding is made from bamboo bars, usually hanging bamboo and legged bamboo.
Bamboo scaffolding has many advantages, including ease of installation and disassembly, lower cost compared to other types of scaffolding, and flexibility in adjusting size and shape to suit the job. submit. However, it should be noted that bamboo scaffolding needs to be designed and installed correctly to ensure the safety of workers and the durability of the system.
In fact, bamboo scaffolding has been used in construction for hundreds of years and is still a popular method for small and medium-sized construction.
Structure of bamboo scaffolding
Conventional bamboo scaffolding structures include main components such as fixed pillars, horizontal beams and shielding panels.
- Fixed pillars: Fixed pillars are components that have the role of bearing force and keeping the scaffold stable. They are usually made from straight and strong bamboo branches, with a large diameter to ensure good load-bearing capacity. The post is inserted into the ground, or can be attached to the floor to ensure a solid foundation.
- Horizontal beams: Horizontal beams are the components that connect the pillars together, creating stability for the scaffolding. Beams are usually made from large bamboo branches, cut into long bars and placed across the pillars to form the foundation for construction.
- Bamboo scaffolding legs: Bamboo scaffolding legs are placed vertically and linked together to form the main column of the scaffold. In addition, bamboo scaffolding also uses small stakes and structural connectors to connect the components together.
- Shielding: To ensure safety for the project and workers, bamboo scaffolding is often covered with nets to prevent falling from above. These shields are attached with bamboo or steel wires to posts and horizontal beams.
Some typical projects use bamboo scaffolding
Currently, bamboo scaffolding is still used in the construction of high-rise buildings in Hong Kong.
Below are some projects that can be carried out using bamboo scaffolding:
- Sports halls: Large sports halls need a sturdy and flexible scaffolding system for construction and maintenance. Bamboo scaffolding meets this requirement, allowing construction contractors to create space in the sports hall to perform the necessary work.
- Bridge Construction: When building bridges, bamboo scaffolding is used to support the construction process and provide a safe platform for workers. The bamboo scaffolding system is flexible and can be adjusted to suit the height and slope of the bridge.
- High-rise buildings: Bamboo scaffolding has been widely used in the construction of high-rise buildings. The bamboo scaffolding system helps support the construction process from the basement to the upper floors. Accordingly, workers can move and work safely and conveniently.
Why are bamboo scaffolding rarely used nowadays?
In Vietnam, bamboo scaffolding has been popular since ancient times and is no longer used much anymore. Part of the reason is the safety of workers during construction. Bamboo scaffolding can rot and cause unwanted workplace accidents.
Bamboo scaffolding has some limitations in terms of durability and strength. Bamboo is a natural material, so it cannot be compared to metal scaffolding in terms of gravity resistance and moisture resistance. This makes bamboo scaffolding unsuitable for large-scale constructions or large projects.
Besides, part of the reason comes from the development of current types of scaffolding. Many types of steel scaffolding are durable and more popular because of the safety they bring to users. Therefore, more modern and advanced steel scaffolding systems are gradually becoming more popular, replacing bamboo scaffolding.
Choose reputable scaffolding with SAKON – Safe, economical
Currently, to replace traditional bamboo scaffolding, steel scaffolding has been created to meet diverse construction needs. If you are looking for quality scaffolding for your project, choose SAKON right away.
SAKON is a leading provider of safe and reputable scaffolding on the market today. With the mission of providing safe and high-quality scaffolding solutions for construction projects, SAKON always puts customers’ interests first. SAKON’s professional and experienced technical team always meets all customer requirements from design, installation, maintenance and repair of scaffolding.
SAKON provides many different types of scaffolding such as construction scaffolding, load-bearing scaffolding, self-stacking scaffolding, roof-mounted scaffolding and many other types of scaffolding suitable for different construction projects.
All SAKON scaffolding products meet safety and quality requirements, an important factor in the construction industry.
Hopefully with the above information, you will understand more about bamboo scaffolding and make a choice of scaffolding that suits your needs.
SAKON SCAFFOLDING JOINT STOCK COMPANY
Address: 177 Quan Nhan – Nhan Chinh – Thanh Xuan – Hanoi
Phone: 024.35690.789 – Hotline: 0913.377.411
Choose SAKON to install scaffolding and bring safety to your project!